TOFU KIMCHI (VEGAN FRIENDLY)
I am so excited to share my first recipe with you all. This is a dish that could be either vegan or carnivore friendly. I only have the vegan version for now but will upload the original one soon for meat lovers! This is a very easy recipe and I will show you how it's done step by step with some pictures. However, please feel free to leave comments if you have any questions!
Make sure you use fermented kimchi that's sour, tangy and soft. Fermented kimchi has the best umami when cooked and you don't need to put much spices because it is already flavourful. If you don't have it, simply leave your kimchi in room temperature for a day or two!
My recipes are not limited to <Salty Cabbage
> kimchi. You can use any kimchi you have at home
or in grocery stores. Here we go!
- 1 Extra firm tofu
- 2/3 cup of FERMENTED kimchi
- 1/3 medium size onion
- 2-3 stems of green onion or scallion
- 1 Green chili pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
How does it look? This is my number 1 go to recipe when I don't have an appetite or when I want something light to eat (or too lazy to cook). You can always change the amount of the spices to your liking or add different vegetables. Adding minced garlic and a bit of ginger give a bit more aroma to the whole dish or you could add some chili powder to make it extra spicy. What I've shown you is the basic recipe for tofu kimchi so change it up! Be creative!
Let me know how this went in your kitchen and hope everyone enjoys it.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE
- Absorb excess water in tofu by gently pushing a paper towel on the surface
- Slice tofu into appropriate size
- Slice onions, green onions and green chili pepper
- In a pan, add some oil and grill sliced tofu
- Stir-fry kimchi with sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Put the stir-fry on top of grilled tofu
- Garnish with green chili pepper slices and sesame seeds